Monday 3 March 2008

meet me by the entrance of the tube


The Dutch press has finally gotten wind of Adele and Duffy, but in their rave reviews of Adele's album, they only briefly mention Duffy. Duffy's album, Rockferry comes out today and I'm far more excited about it than Adele's album - none of the other songs I've heard by Adele come close to 'Chasing Pavements', and she comes off as the biggest chav ever (she spent the advance from her record company on Burberry clothing? Ehh). Of course, I'm biased because Bernard Butler (the, uhm, god of my idolatry, ages 12-19) helped write and record some songs on the Duffy album, but I really can't wait to get my hands on Rockferry; 'Mercy' was a perfect pop song, and I'm always partial to a wall-of-sound record about leaving on a jetplane train.

No comments: